Сообщение Pepper »

Kika писал(а):на какое мероприятие? я наверное что-то пропустила :unknown:

http://gbutler.ru/news/scottish-fashion-icon/

kapelka
Модератор

Re: СМИ о Джерарде Батлере. Том 2

Сообщение kapelka »

dtheyz писал(а):http://www.celticlifeintl.com/
Спасибо за ссылочку! Очень ждала второй части, мне аж приснилось сегодня, что я читаю её. Но содержание, я конечно же забыла, когда проснулась.

Вот первая часть.

One of Hollywood’s most likeable players, Gerard Butler has built a career on being a nice guy. In the first of a two-part exclusive interview with Celtic Life International, The Paisley-bred actor opens up about his work and his Scottish identity.

Admittedly, he’s not the best actor out there, and he freely acknowledges his limits. More often than not, his reputation as a ladies’ man – after romances with the likes of Jennifer Aniston, Jessica Biel and Cameron Diaz – has eclipsed his performances, but there’s so much more to this power-packed performer…not that Butler himself would admit that.

“Sometimes I think I’m going to be found out,” he laughed in his charming West Scots brogue. “Sometimes I think people will discover that really I haven’t a clue what I’m doing, that I’m just a mouthy Scot who got lucky.”

By Tinseltown standards, Butler was a latecomer to the game. He shot to fame in 2006 when he was in his mid-thirties thanks to his hulking turn as King Leonidas in mythological comic book smash 300. He’s since cultivated an action man image with Guy Ritchie’s RocknRolla and a decent turn in last year’s flawed biopic, Machine Gun Preacher.

Despite being relatively mature when he found fame, Butler is not immune to the pressures and temptations of the film industry.

“I can see easily how the younger ones in the game go off the rails,” he said. “The money’s been thrown at you, the fans too. You’re constantly being praised and it’s hard to stay grounded. And it doesn’t matter what age you are when you start or when success hits. I was that bit older than some of the young fry setting off now but it doesn’t make any difference; it’s adulation and you have to block it out to an extent. There are a lot of privileges and opportunities taken for granted in this game, until you sit back and realize, it’s a good life.”

Of course, actors are not always adored – Butler’s recent baffling attempt at gross-out humour as a foul-mouthed leprechaun in Movie 43 didn’t exactly strike a chord with audiences, while the role of a former football pro in Playing For Keeps was a commercial disaster, although it did offer Butler the chance to play for his beloved Celtic, if only in an alternate reality.

Recently he flexed his muscles once again as a Secret Service agent protecting the White House from North Korean terrorists in Antoine Fuqua’s Olympus Has Fallen, alongside a respected cast that includes Angela Bassett, Aaron Eckhart and Morgan Freeman.

“Antoine Fuqua, the man who gave us Training Day – he’s a genius,” Butler mused. “Coupled with a cast of that calibre… I mean Freeman, Angela Basset, Aaron Eckhart…it’s like, let me just pretend I’m meant to be sharing a scene with you; that I’m at the same standard…that we’re not on completely different plains.”

After training in weapons artillery and hand-to-hand combat for his gruelling shoot in Louisiana, the 43-year-old admits the action in his movies is starting to take its toll.

“I think I can do everything,” he explained. “I’m a typical Scot in that way – nothing’s impossible. I can run and hurtle back and land on the ground. And that’s fine if you do it once, but after 20 takes, you’re cut to shreds. At one point my arm went black and blue all the way round because I was doing this same kung-fu move over and over. I’m no spring chicken anymore.”

He flashed that twinkly grin. “And you’d think I’d have learned my lesson after Hawaii.”

While on the set of surf movie Chasing Mavericks off the coast of Oahu nearly two years ago, Butler was caught out by a series of freak waves. “It’s like you’re in an avalanche and you don’t know if you’re ever coming up. You can’t breathe and there’s nothing you can do about it.

“It was so scary and frightening as I just couldn’t get up to the surface. So for future movies, I’m starting to see the logic in hiring a stunt guy. But it’s hard because you want to be on that chopper, you want to be surfing that wave or you want to be in that fight. You want to be doing the sh*t that boys do.”

A Scottish childhood

Born in Glasgow, Butler was immediately relocated to Montreal in Canada for the first two years of his life, before returning to home shores with his mother when he was two-and-a-half years old. It’s a transition he praises her for.

“My mum decided to leave my dad, and Montreal, because that wasn’t going well. She brought us back to Scotland. That was a big decision and I have nothing but respect for her for making it.

“She didn’t have an easy time,” he shared. “My mother is ultimately like my hero. When she came back to Scotland she had three kids – and absolutely nothing else. She ended up taking night classes and became a lecturer in business studies. She then went on to become a senior lecturer at college, which is a big thing, and brought up us three kids on her own.

“It’s superhuman stuff. I don’t know if I could ever do it, but I loved my childhood. I was raised next to Paisley and, coming from a huge Irish Catholic extended family, there was so much love surrounding us. There was also a passion for being Scottish, and you didn’t have to leave Scotland to feel it.”

Butler added: “For me, Scotland is home. Scotland is my roots and, you know, you always get that feeling when you arrive back, each and every time.”

Вот вторая часть.

In part two of our exclusive interview with Gerard Butler, the star of 300, P.S; I love You and Olympus Has Fallen opens up about his career, his romantic life and his thoughts on his home country.

Building a career

Butler didn’t first set out to be an actor — after graduating with a law degree from Glasgow University, he was taken on as a trainee by an Edinburgh law firm, but his party-loving lifestyle led to dismissal a week before full qualification as a lawyer.

So he headed south to London to pursue a career on the screen, eventually landing a string of minor roles in Tomorrow Never Dies and Mrs Brown.

“When I first moved to London, it took a good two or three years of slave labour, doubt, and pure what am I doing here attitude,” he recalled. “I was working waiter jobs in Soho, as a telemarketer, you name it. I did it while trying to pursue this impossible dream.

“But then I landed a job behind the scenes at the Mermaid Theatre in Blackfriars and that’s where a shift happened, where I suddenly found myself in an environment where I could potentially meet people who could help me.”

Introduced to director Steven Berkoff, who cast him in a stage adaptation of Coriolanus, this eventually led to a theatre reworking of Trainspotting, offering the young actor a platform.

“Those years in London, they gave me a foundation. As much as I love the international lifestyle my career has afforded me, and a base in LA at that, coming back to London – just like going back to Paisley – reminds me of what I went through to get where I am today.”

The future – Scotland’s and his own

As he is a proud Scot, one wonders where Butler stands on the Scottish Independence referendum, which will be held next year. Oddly, or maybe, practically, he’s somewhere in the middle.

“I’m not 100 per cent sold on the idea. I used to have intense feelings for an independent Scotland but now I’m more about coming together, rather than a separation. I think some separate taxation and more of a connection with local government is smart, and should be worked on, but I don’t think an independent Scotland is necessarily a good idea.”

Butler is currently in what appears to be his longest-standing relationship to date with Romanian model Madalina Ghenea, whom he met on the set of a commercial in Dubai. Butler gives the impression he may be finally ready to put down roots.

“Priorities change as you get older,” he said. “I guess part of me would love to have toddlers running around, to enter that new stage in my life. But sure, that’s pretty normal for anyone really.”

And career-wise, he seems to be embarking on a new direction too, with plans to start shooting on harrowing Holocaust drama Dynamo, which charts the Ukrainian uprising against the Nazis as well as Thunder Run, an Iraqi war epic co-starring Matthew McConaughey and Sam Worthington, in similar vein to The Hurt Locker.

And what of the rumours of an appearance in the sequel to 300? “I think that rumour is done. Unless they’ve used CGI (computer-generated imagery) and not told me about it, I don’t think I’m in it,” he joked. “They offered it to me and I really liked the script but I didn’t understand what I was there for; all I was doing was giving a political speech – it was only a minor sideline. It just felt better that I wasn’t a part of it.”

It’s fair to say Butler straddles the line between action and rom-com pretty successfully. In the past 12 months alone, he’s gone from Machine Gun Preacher to Playing for Keeps and now Olympus Has Fallen. Is this an intentional mix?

“I wish I was that calculating,” he chuckled. ”Honestly, I just take what I can get. I guess I like to mix it up… isn’t that what acting’s all about? Hopefully there’s no fear that I’ll ever be typecast.

“And of course, it’d be great to think a big award might be around the corner. I mean it would be lovely, wouldn’t it? So many say they aren’t bothered but it’s a lovely recognition for your work. I think every actor has a moment where they think, that’d be nice. But we’ll see down the line, who knows?

“My goals are just to keep working, be happy, be healthy. No-one can really ask for more than that, can they?”

Jetsetting around the world may be all well and fine for now, but in the future, Butler foresees a move back to his homeland.

“I think ultimately that’s what I’m working towards. LA and Dubai, and Australia – all these places are phenomenal and wonderful for the short-term, but I think I really want to move back to my roots and settle in Scotland — back to Paisley. Yeah, I could see that happening very easily. And whenever I return home it restores a bit of the bullishness that I carry around with me. That can become a bit too softened in LA, so I like to recharge in that way!”

Но, честно говоря, у меня сложилось впечатление, что это не эксклюзивное интервью, а перепечатка отдельных его цитат из других источников. Плюс неточности про Гаваи, про Дюбаи... :)

Solo
Администратор
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Solo »

Журнал Empaire - 100 самых сексульных звёзд кино. № 22 - Джерард Батлер.

http://www.empireonline.com/100sexiest2 ... sp?star=22
Вложения
эпайр.jpg
Изображение

Kika

Сообщение Kika »

я со вчерашнего дня возмущена этим списком. Не хочу никого обидеть, но сексуальный Кэмбэрбэч?? мама мия, куда катится этот мир... Он хороший актер, я не спорю. Но привлекательности в нем никакой :unknown: или тот, который занял второе место, даже имени его не помню...

kapelka
Модератор

Сообщение kapelka »

onlooker

Сообщение onlooker »

Kika! :friends: Тоже ничего во многих не нахожу! А они какие-то не последние места занимают! :bad:
That’s nothing to what I could say if I chose’ (Lewis Carroll)

Kika

Сообщение Kika »

а мне, вопреки всем,Джерька тут кажется смущенным и заинтересованным :)

kapelka
Модератор

Сообщение kapelka »

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/brenton ... gypt-lead/

Brenton Thwaites is being set to star alongside Gerard Butler, Game Of Thrones’ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Geoffrey Rush in Gods Of Egypt, the Summit Entertainment period epic film to be directed by Alex Proyas.

Butler plays Set, a god of the desert, storms, and foreigners in ancient Egyptian religion. He killed and mutilated his own brother Osiris. Horus (Coster-Waldau), the son of Osiris, seeks revenge. Thwaites will play Bek, a human thief who cares little for the affairs of gods but when he discovers Zaya has been cursed by Set, he falls on the side of Horus, hoping that Set’s death will break the curse.

The script was written by Burk Sharpless & Matt Sazama, the team behind Universal’s Dracula pic. Thwaites has been on a good roll of landing roles lately. He got Prince Charming opposite Angelina Jolie in Maleficent; he recently wrapped production on the Helen Hunt-helmed Ride as well as The Signal. Thwaites is right now shooting The Giver with Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep. Thwaites is repped by Dan Spilo at Industry Entertainment and WME.

Elenita

Сообщение Elenita »

спасибо Капелюш! :)
так а негде не написано, когда съемки начнутся и где будут проходить?! :Search:
Маска, я тебя знаю...
Изображение

terra525

Сообщение terra525 »

Elenita писал(а):спасибо Капелюш! :)
так а негде не написано, когда съемки начнутся и где будут проходить?! :Search:
где то писали что съемки будут проходить в Австралии , а когда, информация разная, то в этом году, то в следующем, не понятно ...
У счастья нет завтрашнего дня, нет у него и вчерашнего... у него есть только настоящее – и то не день, а мгновение.Тургенев

Закрыто